Be Prepared for ANYTHING with our new Vertx Ready Pack 2.0 coupled with our IIIA CaliberX ballistic panel. We have designed our CaliberX ballistic inserts to fit inside this backpack giving maximum coverage. Backpack includes an 18 x 10.5 ballistic panel.
The Vertx Ready Pack is a fantastic option for any student and also has EDC features. We’ve tested out many backpacks from different manufacturers and this is the first one that has gotten the Caliber Armor staff approval as well as the crew at home! Stay equipped and organized and your CCW readily accessible.
- Combo includes Vertx Ready Pack 2.0 and CaliberX Soft Body Armor Panel
- Lightweight Ready Pack 2.0 only 3.3 lbs | Outside dimensions 18″H x 14″W x 6″D | Main Compartment 18″H x 14″W x 4.5″D (20″ L diagonal)
- Ultra-lightweight CaliberX™ inserts .19″ thin 16″ x 10″ panel stitched together for longevity with a water resistant cover
- CaliberX rated and tested to: NIJ STD-0101.06 Level IIIA and NIJ STD-0101.07 (Draft) HG2
Already have a Vertx bag? We have several options for IIIA panels for their bags. Click HERE
CaliberX IIIA Soft Armor Specifications
Caliber Armor manufacturers our CaliberX™ Soft Ballistic Body Armor line of body armor inserts in our facility in Louisville, Kentucky. We have created an affordable soft armor system that meets the gold standard of 1 lb per sqft areal density.
At Caliber Armor we are always innovating and improving our armor products. During testing we found that we were able to achieve a better preforming armor layup using a hybrid of both UHMWPE and Para-Aramid materials. We have fully maximized this material’s potential and made it more comfortable and lighter for the wearer. Our CaliberX™ ballistic vests offer better flexibility and comfort, greatly improving response time in a critical moment which could mean the difference between life and death.
CaliberX™ Soft Armor has 10% less weight and has 15% less back face deformation than other commercially available soft armor systems. This directly translates into less blunt force trauma to vest wearers. While 10% might not sound like much, we know that when you have all the extra gear to wear you are grateful for a lighter vest.
CaliberX™ achieves protection against high performance hand guns such as the .44 Magnum, .357 Sig, and the .9 mm using less material. CaliberX™ Soft Armor fibers absorb the energy of the bullet along the molecules of each fiber, catching it in a multi-layer web of advanced fabric. The material absorbs and disperses the energy of the impact to underlying layers in the insert that help reduce the amount of transferred energy that causes the back-face deformation which can cause blunt trauma. The final inner layers of material are able to disperse the energy and helps diminish any trauma.
Our super-lightweight CaliberX™ Soft Armor system provides consistent and uniform ballistic performance and can easily withstand multiple hits from handguns as powerful as the .44 Magnum. With unparalleled ballistic protection, lightweight comfort, superior strength, you can count on CaliberX™ inserts to help keep you safe from harm.
Vertx Ready Pack 2.0 Specifications
Stay Equipped, Organized and Prepared for Anything
Keep your everyday gear organized and readily accessible in a Ready backpack that can change its appearance to keep you under the radar. Tuck the unassuming front flap away for a quick conversion to a different appearance and access to gear loaded on the concealed MOLLE panel. Plenty of slots and pockets and several VELCRO® Brand loop panels keep smaller tools and admin materials securely stashed until you need them.
- Accepts CaliberX ballistic panels
- Convertible front flap stows behind admin pocket to provide ready access to items mounted on MOLLE webbing and to rapidly change the bag’s appearance
- Main compartment has a laptop sleeve, zippered abrasion-resistant mesh pocket, three gear slots and strategically-located loop panels for Tactigami™ and other hook and loop-compatible accessories
- Hot-Pull Tab can be set up for quick access to the main compartment
- Admin section features four vertical tool and implement slots, a zippered mesh pouch
- Stretch side pockets securely cinch water bottles or similarly-sized necessities
- 3-D molded foam back panel enhances airflow and comfort and has a pass-through for rolling luggage handles
- Multiple strategically-located and Tactigami™-compatible loop panels
- Adjustable shoulder straps with 1919 webbing and sternum strap
- Adjustable waist belt tucks away when not in use
- Hydration bladder compatible with dual hose pass-through ports
- Light-colored interior improves interior visibility
- Loop ID patch at bottom of front admin pocket
- Accommodates up to 15” laptop
- Weapon-compatible concealed carry platform with loop lining and a Rapid Access Pull tab
- Bonded nylon thread throughout with critical seams and attachment points bartacked for extra durability
- VELCRO® Brand loop for top-of-the-line retention of Tactigami™ and other hook and loop-compatible accessories (accessories sold separately)
- YKK® self-repairing nylon coil zippers throughout
- Quiet positive-grip zipper pull tabs
- 3-D molded foam back panel
- Abrasion-resistant mesh used on internal pockets
- Outside Dimensions: 18”H x 14”W x 6”D
- CCW Compartment Dimensions: 18”H x 10.5”W x 1.5”D (18.5”L diagonal)
- Main Compartment: 18”H x 14”W x 4.5”D (20”L diagonal)
- 10 lb
- 25 L
NIJ STANDARD-0101.06 and 0101.07
Tested and verified to meet or exceed ballistic resistance as specified under NIJ Standard- 0101.06 IIIA and 0101.07 Draft HG2
Thickness dimensions are +-1/8 in. Width and length dimensions are +0.00 to 0.25 in. All weights are +- 5%.