AR550 Level III+ Multi-Curve Steel Body Armor Plates with PolyShield Spall Protection and MOPC Plate Carrier
- AR550 Level III+ steel body armor plate
- Ergonomic single press multi-curve
- Special PolyShield spall protection coating
- 10×12 Shooters Cut and SAPI Style cut configurations
- Multi-hit rated and tested to: NIJ STD-0101.06 Level III and special threats from NIJ STD-0101.07 Draft Rifle 2
- Proudly made in Louisville, Kentucky, U.S.A
Each Package Includes:
- Choice of plate style/cut configuration which includes two (2) 10×12 Multi-Curve AR550 Level III+ Body Armor Plates with PolyShield Protective Anti-Spall Coating. Save weight and add comfort by choosing two shooters cut plates. Get more coverage on the back plate by choosing one Shooters and one SAPI Style. Not worried about your shooters stance? Get maximum coverage with two SAPI Style plates.
- One (1) Condor MOPC Plate Carrier in your choice of Black, Coyote Brown, OD Green, Scorpion OCP, or Black Multi-Cam
Sizing: This is a ONE SIZE FITS MOST plate carrier and body armor package. The 10×12 plate is the correct size for most individuals. Measure from the bottom of your jugular notch to about 2-3″ above your navel, and then nipple to nipple to verify plate fitment. The MOPC plate carrier has an adjustable cummerbund from 40″ – 48″ (measure around your navel)
Note: MOPC Gen II does not have integrated side plate pockets. If you want to run hard side plates, you will need the VAS pockets. Click HERE
The carrier cummerbund is designed to fit our CaliberX IIIA soft armor side panels. You can find that product HERE. This provides side protection for a fraction of the weight of hard armor.
About Caliber Armor and AR550 Body Armor:
We have gone above and beyond to bring you steel body armor of a HIGHER CALIBER.
This can be seen with our bend process, our fragmentation coating and our finishing details. AR550 was the material that we started with back in 2012 and have the most experience with. We’ve seen it, done it, we’ve improved it.
Steel Body Armor provides great protection that can stop multiple projectile hits. We have been working with different levels of abrasion resistant (AR) ballistic steel for years and have not found a better product than our AR550 Steel Body Armor Plates. This armor is rated at a level III+ as it can defeat special threats like M855 rounds.
All of our steel plates come in one ergonomic curve option. We have worked with LE and first responders to design a curve that you can be comfortable wearing. We provide this at no additional cost. What is unique about the way that we bend our steel is important too. We have designed a press that creates a multi curve bend in ONE step. Why is this important? When you do multiple bends to achieve a multi curve, it puts extra strain on the plate which can weaken it. We have replicated the same curves that you have seen in multi curve ceramic armor for years.
Our aggressive Shooters Cut body armor plates shaves off weight while still providing enough coverage to protect your vital organs. Use our CaliberX™ Soft Armor Backers for even more protection and comfort.
Our standard AR550 plate comes coated to protect the plate from rust and the elements. One concern with Steel Armor is fragmentation containment. Some of that fragmentation is contained in the armor’s plate carrier, but there still is a risk of lethal shrapnel. We HIGHLY recommend our PolyShield Anti-Spall Protection add on. We have formulated an anti-spall coating specifically for our armor application, PolyShield. This addition to your steel plate gives you peace of mind when wearing steel armor.
Weights for Caliber Armor AR550 and Condor MOPC Package with PolyShield Spall Protection:
10 x 12 (2) Shooters Cut Configuration– 19.5 lbs
10 x 12 (1) Shooters (1) SAPI Style Cut Configuration- 20.5 lbs
10 x 12 (2) SAPI Style Cut Configuration- 21 lbs
Tested and verified to meet or exceed ballistic resistance as specified under NIJ Standard- 0101.06 Level III and also tested for special threats listed on the new draft NIJ Standard- 0101.07 RF2.
Thickness dimensions are +-1/8 in. Width and length dimensions are +0.00 to 0.25 in. All weights are +- 5%.
Details for: Condor Outdoor Modular Operator Plate Carrier (MOPC) Gen II
Caliber Armor offers the Modular Operator Plate Carrier (MOPC) Gen II by Condor Outdoor because it one of the highest selling plate carriers on the market. For good reason, as it is widely used by law enforcement throughout our country. It is designed for modular attachments with MOLLE webbing on all sides as for functionality and operator mobility. The MOPC accepts Caliber Armor AR550 Steel Body Armor Plates in both 10” x 12” and 11” x 14”. If you are purchasing thicker composite/ceramic plates it accommodates 10”x 12” sizes. This plate carrier allows you to either use the full cummerbund or the internal waist strap for a scaled down system when needed.
- Emergency drag handle
- Removable low profile shoulder pads
- Adjustable shoulder straps
- MOLLE webbing for modular attachments
- Hook and loop webbing
- Front map pocket with snap, hook and loop closure
- Breathable 3D Mesh liner
- Adjustable cummerbund with built-in soft armor pockets
- Side release buckles
- Easy access plate pockets for soft armor or for hard plate pocket inserts
- Accepts Caliber Armor AR550 Steel Plates in 10″ x 12″ and 11″x 14″ or any other ESAPI sizes up to 10.25″ x 13.25
One Size Fits Most Cummerbund Size: Adjustable from 40″ – 48″ (measure around your navel)
Side plate capacity compatible with CaliberX IIIA soft armor. Find that product HERE. Great option for mobility and side protection at a fraction of the weight.